(1) The following standard contract terms shall apply to all deliveries and offers of computeruniverse GmbH. Counter-confirmations of the customer with reference to its own standard or sales terms and conditions are hereby objected to.
(2) Consumer in terms of these standard contract terms is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose which can be attributed neither to his/her commercial or independent professional activities. Merchant is every natural person, legal entity or partnership capable of holding rights, which enters into a legal transaction for a purpose which can be attributed to its commercial or independent professional activities.
2. Offer and Conclusion of the Contract
Our range of articles is not binding. The order of a customer is an offer to enter into a purchase contract. The following confirmation of the receipt of the order and any following status reports are no acceptance of the offer. The purchase contract is accomplished as soon as we confirm the order or with delivery of the goods and confirmation of dispatch.
3. Prices, Postage and Packaging, Reshipment Charges, Partial Delivery
(1) Generally, our prices shall be those referred to in our product basket on our website at the time of order. Prices that deviate from this, which may be seen on pages that were downloaded from intermediate storage facilities (Browser-Cache, Proxies), may not be current and are thus invalid. In the absence of any express agreement in writing to the contrary, our prices shall be effective from the distribution centre excluding packaging, freight or possible cash on delivery charges. All prices on our websites include statutory VAT as far as the customer does not change its customer form to company, merchant or public utility, does not chose any non EU country as the country of delivery or as far as the website is directed solely to Merchants.
(2) Packaging materials shall become the property of the customer.
(3) Costs for postage and packaging are to be borne by the customer. They will depend on the form of shipment, form of payment, weight and shipping destination. They will be calculated and displayed in the product basket prior to any online order or, in the event of an order by telephone, they shall be quoted and shown separately on the invoice. The mode of shipment shall be chosen by the customer or, in the absence thereof, by computeruniverse according to the most feasible arrangement. An overview of the applicable shipment and payment options as well as the relevant prices shall be published on our websites.
(4) If the customer is consumer and revokes his/her declaration to conclude a sales contract he/she shall bear the costs of the return shipment if the goods delivered are as ordered and the value of the returned product does not exceed € 40,- or if in case of a higher value of the product the consumer has at the time of the revocation not performed the return service or the agreed partial payment.
(5) In the event of partial shipments that have been arranged without consultation with the customer by computeruniverse GmbH, follow-up shipments shall be made free of shipping charges. In the event that a customer wishes for shipment in specific lots, the additional agreed costs for the shipment of each lot shall be borne by the customer.
4. Delivery Period
The estimated delivery periods are dependent on the products and are displayed on our website through symbols or specific comments. In the event that a delay of the estimated delivery occurs after an order has been made, the customer shall automatically be informed by E-Mail. Provided that the customer is a consumer, he is entitled to cancel his/her order or to make modifications to such order free of charge at any time prior the revocation right takes effect, unless otherwise agreed.
5. Passage of risk and warranties
(1) If the customer picks up the goods, then the risk of accidental loss or accidental damage to the goods shall pass from computeruniverse GmbH to the customer at the time when the goods are transferred to the customer. If computeruniverse GmbH ships the goods to the customer the risk shall pass to the customer which is a merchant as soon as the goods are handed over to the carrier. If the customer is a consumer the risk shall pass as soon as the carrier has delivered the goods to the consumer.
(2) The warranty period shall begin at the time when the goods are delivered. The statutory warranty provisions shall apply.
(3) Provided that the customer is a consumer, the periods of limitation for statutory claims for defects shall be two years for new goods and one year for returned goods.
(4) If the customer is a merchant the limitation period for warranty claims is one year. computeruniverse GmbH is authorised to choose between curing the defect and delivering a defect-free good as subsequent performance. Obvious defects in the products or the performance rendered by computeruniverse GmbH must be notified in writing immediately, at the latest within fourteen days after receipt of the goods. If such defects are not notified in time, the goods are deemed to have been approved and accepted, with all inherent warranty rights expiring.
(5) computeruniverse GmbH shall not be liable for normal wear and tear of the good or defects which are a result of incorrect or negligent handling or treatment or which are caused by unusual conditions of use.
6. Restrictions on Liability
(1) The restrictions on liability shall not apply to damage which occurs as a result of intentional acts or gross negligence or damage to life, body or health.
(2) Irrespective of their legal basis claims for damages which are directed either against computeruniverse GmbH or its agents shall be limited to the amount which computeruniverse GmbH reasonably expected to receive at the conclusion of the contract. Where the damage does not result from the violation of an essential contractual obligation, which is such an obligation that is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract and on which fulfilment the costumers regularly rely and may rely, the amount of damages shall be limited to a maximum amount of ten times the contractual value. The customer shall be responsible for the safe storage of its data. computeruniverse is only liable for those expenses, which are necessary for the recovery of data presuming regular backups undertaken by the customer.
(1) Unless otherwise agreed, all invoices by computeruniverse GmbH shall be payable immediately without any deductions.
(2) The customer shall be entitled to choose among several different payment options which shall be offered depending on the order amount, the mode of delivery, the shipment address, and the preferences specified in the customer's account. The various possibilities are displayed in the product basket and are described in the info area of our websites.
(3) computeruniverse GmbH hereby reserves the right to fill the order only against cash on delivery or payment in advance in individual cases or in the event that a bank or an offeror of the respective payment mode has rejected payment. In such cases, the customer shall be entitled to accept or revoke his/her order.
(4) Costs which arise as a result of reversing a payment transaction for lack of funds or as a result of data transmitted incorrectly by the customer shall be charged to the customer.
(5) Cheques are not accepted.
(6) In the event of default of payment, computeruniverse GmbH shall be entitled to charge consumers interest of at least 5 percentage and merchants of at least 8 percentage points above the applicable base rate.
(7) Any set-off of counterclaim shall not be permitted unless proven at law or if undisputed. The retention of payments by the purchaser for counterclaims resulting from unrelated contracts shall be excluded.
8. Reservation of Title
All items delivered by computeruniverse GmbH remain its property until such items have been paid in full and all claims resulting from the transaction have been met. This shall also apply to conditional claims.
If the customer is a business or merchant, the following provisions shall apply: seizures by third parties of items owned or co-owned by computeruniverse GmbH must be notified by the customer immediately. Any costs arising in relation to judicial proceedings or settlement out of court which computeruniverse GmbH undertakes to secure its rights shall be borne by the customer. The customer shall assign as a security all claims (including all claims for balances under the current account) which arise in connection with the items being sold on or on any other legal grounds to computeruniverse GmbH. The customer is hereby irrevocably entitled to collect on its behalf and for its account all claims assigned to computeruniverse GmbH. This direct debit authorisation may be revoked if the customer does not meet its payment obligations in an orderly manner.
9. Right of Revocation for consumer
(1) If you are a consumer you may revoke your declaration to conclude a sales contract within a period of fourteen days in textual form (e.g. by letter, E-Mail, facsimile) without stating a reason or - if you received the ordered goods before the term is ending – by returning the goods. The term commences after the receipt of this revocation instruction in textual form, but not until you have received the goods and either until the fulfilment of our duty to supply information according to article 246 sec. 2 in conjunction with sec. 1 para. 1 and 2 IACC (Introductory Act to the German Civil Code) as well as our duties according to sec. 312 g para. 1 BGB in conjuction with article 246 sec. 3 IACC. The timely despatch of the revocation or the goods shall be deemed sufficient for compliance with the revocation term. The revocation shall be addressed to:computeruniverse GmbH
Grüner Weg 14
The Online-Return-Form, which provides a straightforward annulment of the contract, is available in the Info&Services-Section of our websites.
(2) In the event of effective revocation, the services received by either party shall be returned and any benefits that may have been accrued shall be released. If you are unable to return the received benefits or goods either in total or in part or only in deteriorated condition, you shall indemnify computeruniverse GmbH for the loss in value, if applicable. This shall only apply in the event that the deterioration of the surrendered goods or the received benefits are due to the inappropriate inspection quality characteristics and functionality of the goods. An inspection of the quality characteristics and functionality of the goods is inappropriate if the inspection would not have been possible in a shop.
(3) Goods capable of being sent by parcel will be on your request collected from you by computeruniverse GmbH or shall be sent back by you at the risk of computeruniverse GmbH. You shall bear the costs of the return shipment or collection if the goods delivered are as ordered and the value of the returned product does not exceed € 40,- or if in case of a higher value of the product you have at the time of the revocation not performed the return service or the agreed partial payment. Otherwise computeruniverse GmbH shall bear in case of a valid revocation the costs for the return shipment respectively the collection including transport insurance. Goods not capable of being sent by parcel will be collected from you by computeruniverse GmbH. Obligations to refund payments must be fulfilled within 30 days. This time limit begins for you with the despatch of the revocation or the goods and for computeruniverse GmbH with the receipt of the goods.
(4) A declaration to conclude a sales contract about audio or video recordings or software may only be revoked if the data carriers are sealed. Software, which accompanies hardware, may only be unsealed, if the software is compulsory to inspect the hardware.
(5) If you financed the purchase contract through a consumer loan contract and you revoked your declaration to enter into a purchase contract, you are also no longer bound by the consumer loan contract, if both contracts forms an economic unit. This shall be assumed in particular if we are at the same time the lender for you or if the lender has involved us in the financing of the purchase contract. If the loan has already disbursed to us at the time the revocation becomes effective, the lender of you assumes our rights and duties under the connected and financed contract in relation to you. If you wish to avoid being bound contractually as far as possible, you shall revoke both contracts.
10. Assignment of Claims
The customer shall not be entitled to assign his/her claims under this contract. The customer may assign his/her claims under this contract to the Trusted Shops GmbH, as long as the Trusted Shop GmbH pays the customer due to the customer protection.
11. Data Protection
(1) Our data protection procedures are in conformity with the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz – TMG).
(2) computeruniverse GmbH shall use the customer’s E-Mail address only for information letters which accompany the orders and, if desired by the customer, for its own newsletters. Additionally, computeruniverse GmbH sends to the customers via E-Mail regularly diligently chosen offers of similar products of its product range. The customer is entitled to object to the use of his/her E-Mail address for marketing purposes by formless E-Mail, without incurring costs other than the transmission costs based on the basic tariff.
(3) computeruniverse GmbH shall not forward any personal customer data to any third parties. An exemption hereto exists for such service partners which require the transfer or data to process its orders. In these cases, the scope of the transmitted data shall be restricted to the necessary minimum.
(4) The customer shall be informed about and be given the opportunity to correct, block and delete his/her personal data. If judicial or contractual keeping obligations exist or any other judicial reasons oppose to a deletion, the data will be blocked.
(1) These standard terms and conditions contain all rights and obligations of the contract parties.
(2) If the customer is a merchant or does not reside within the European Union, our company seat shall be the exclusive venue for all legal disputes between the contract parties, including all lawsuits in connection with bills of exchange and cheques.
(3) The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall exclusively apply. The provisions of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods shall not apply. Regarding commerce with end-consumers within the European Union, the relevant laws of that country may also be applicable, provided that it concerns obligatory consumer rights provisions.
(4) In the event that one or several of the above provisions is or becomes invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. The parties will try to replace invalid provisions by such provisions which are valid and come closest to the commercial purpose intended by the parties.
Grüner Weg 14
Tel.: +49 6031 7910-0
Fax.: +49 6031 7910-200
Commercial Register: HRB 7334, Amtsgericht Friedberg
Managing Directors: Michael Sorg, Dirk Elm
VAT-No.: DE 812826949
21th edition dated 15.09.2011 as PDF document
Previous version: 20th edition, valid thru 14.09.2011