The TL-WR841N Wireless N Router is a combined wired / wireless network connection device designed specifically for small business, office, and home office networking requirements. It complies with the IEEE 802.11n (Draft 2.0) standard with wireless transmission speeds of up to 300M. The router adopts 2x2 MIMO technology and has two external antennas providing even better wireless performance, transmission rates, stability and coverage. At the same time, CCA technology automatically avoids channel conflicts using its channel selection feature. It also works well with other 11g and 11n protocol wireless products.
The TL-WR841N provides multiple security measures; supporting SSID broadcast control, MAC address access control, WEP encryption, WPA / WPA2, and WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK authentication. At the same time QSS (Quick Secure Setup) complies with WPS allowing for worry-free wireless security configuration. These combined security features will guard against intruders using stronger, safer protection.
The TL-WR841N allows companies, offices, and homes to share one Internet connection with more computers. Apart from this product's simple setup and more common broadband router functions, it also supports priority of service where applications using a lot of bandwidth that are sensitive to interruptions such as voice and video are given priority in order to assure quality. The router also supports on-demand dialing, online access management, Automatic virus isolation, UPnP, DDNS, advanced system security record, friendly user interface, and simple, easy configuration allowing all users to comfortably configure the router. This is a fashionable product with superior performance and should be your first choice when setting up a network.
- Wireless N speed up to 300 Mbps makes it ideal for bandwidth consuming or interruption sensitive applications like video streaming, online gaming and VoIP
- 2T2R MIMO delivers greater throughput at range versus conventional 1T1R
- Easily setup a WPA encrypted secure connection at a push of the QSS button
- WDS wireless bridge provides seamless bridging to expand your wireless network
- QoS function assures the quality of VoIP and multimedia streaming
- Wi-Fi On/Off Button allows users to simply turn their wireless radio on or off
- Features parental control function managing the internet access of children or employee's computer
- Supports virtual server, special application and DMZ host ideal for creating a website within your LAN
- Offers Auto-mail function for system log, convenient for managing the router
- Backward compatible with 802.11 b/g products
- Easy Setup Assistant provides quick and hassle free installation
- External fixed antennas allow for better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
- Sleek exterior, can be mounted on a wall or placed horizontally on a table or desk
- Wireless N speed and range
Complying with the IEEE 802.11n standard, TL-WR841N can establish a wireless network and get up to 15x the speed and 5x the range of conventional 11g products. It shows more excellent abilities of mitigating data loss over long distances and through obstacles in a small office or a large apartment, even in a steel-and-concrete building. Above all, you could easily pick up the wireless network during long-distance connection where legacy 11g products may not!
- CCA technology - stable wireless signals
Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) automatically avoids channel conflicts using its clear channel selection feature and fully realizes the advantages of channel binding, greatly enhanced the wireless performance.
- WPA/WPA2 encryptions - advanced security
As for the security of WI-FI connection, WEP encryption has been no longer the strongest and safest guards for outside threats. TL-WR841N provides WPA/WPA2 encryptions (Both Personal and Enterprises) that are created by the WI-FI Alliance industry group, promoting interpretabilities and security for WLAN.
- QSS button - quick setup security
Compatible with WI-FI Protected Setup (WPS), TL-WR841N features Quick Security Setup that allows users to almost instantly setup their security simply by pressing the "QSS" button automatically establishing a WPA2 secure connection, which is more secure compared with WEP encryptions. Not only is this faster than normal security setups but more convenient in that you don't need to remember a password!
- IP QoS - control bandwidth reasonably
Among the wireless network, indiscriminate Internet surfing and bandwidth-guzzling downloads by internal users often leave home or small office with insufficient bandwidth. TL-WR841N supports IP QoS function, allowing optimum utilization of bandwidth and offers bandwidth control over congestion, preventing the bandwidth abuse. In this way, the users of a small network receive committed and specific bandwidth, preventing non-critical applications from degrading network performance.
- Easy setup
The device comes with a CD with an Easy Setup Assistant that leads you through the setup process step-by-step, and even helps with wireless network settings and security configurations, which is convenient to the users, especially for novice users.