FAQ for international customers
FAQ for international customers
How do I know the exact price that I have to pay?
The prices for non-EU countries are net prices. There is no VAT on an order. Any shipping costs and payment method surcharge are shown directly in the shopping cart. As such, the total price of an order comprises the product price, shipping costs and payment method surcharge.
What is included in the scope of delivery?
Please see the respective article description or the website of the manufacturer for this information. The scope of delivery may vary in case of B products.
What are B products?
B products are products which can no longer be sold as new products. However, these products are generally in an ‘as-new´ condition. Please see the respective description of the B product for details.
Payment and shipment (of the goods)
Which payment methods are accepted?
We accept the following payment methods:
- Advance payment. In the case of payment using the advance payment method, you transfer the amount that is due directly into our account. As soon as the total sum has been received in our account, the goods will be reserved for you and dispatched as soon as possible. Please note that advance payment may incur bank fees. Please check with your bank concerning the cost of these fees.
- PayPal. In case of orders via PayPal we are only able to dispatch the order to the address specified in the order due to PayPal regulations. This address cannot be changed.
- Credit card. In case of an order via credit card, the amount is reserved first of all. It is only actually charged upon shipment of the goods. Furthermore, only the registered address of the credit card can be used for the shipment of the goods.
- For further information, please see the overview page for payment methods: https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/page/zahlungs.
What shipping options are available?
Shipping per post: This shipping option provides fast delivery times at economical prices.
How fast are the goods shipped?
This depends on the availability at the time of the order. This information is available on the product detail page as well as in the order confirmation.
- Available ex-works - immediate shipment is possible
- Residual stock - immediate shipment is possible
- Advance announcement - the product has merely been announced so far, and has not yet been brought onto the market by the manufacturer. The date - if available - may be possibly adjourned.
- Available at short term notice - ready for shipment in 2-3 days
- Order item - the availability is displayed in the product detail site and updated with a realistic delivery date shortly after your order.
- Delivery date unknown - in this case we have no information from the manufacturer. However, you will be automatically notified of any news via e-mail.
How is delivery handled in the case of different availability statuses?
The parcel will be shipped as soon as all the ordered goods are available.
How is my parcel packaged?
Each parcel is securely packaged for transport and is shipped with neutral packaging.
Is my parcel insured?
Each parcel is insured for you by computeruniverse for the respective value of goods.
How can I track the progress of the parcel?
You can track your parcel on https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/order/tracking.
How can I make contact?
You can contact us via the following alternatives in German or in English:
How long will it take to receive an answer?
We generally process all enquiries within 24 hours following the receipt (working days). We ask you to refrain from asking further questions within 48 hours. This allows our employees to answer your first question quicker. The answer may take longer in case of complex enquiries. However, in this case you will receive an intermediate answer.
How can I avoid unnecessary delays in the processing of my enquiry?
Please state your customer or order number and always attach the preceding correspondence to your answer. This allows quick processing of your enquiry without queries. Furthermore, you only need to send your enquiry once. Repeated sending or the use of different recipients may delay processing.
Complaints / guarantee / warranty
What should I do in the case of a faulty product?
In the event of a defect, the direct processing in your country by the manufacturer or an authorised service centre is often possible. For this purpose you can contact the manufacturer directly. Here, the complaint is dealt with significantly faster, as international shipping routes are not required. In this context, please also note the information regarding guarantees and warranties.
How should I proceed if a product was not delivered the way it was described?
In this case, please contact us before sending the product back to us. We shall clarify the procedure as quickly as possible and find a solution.
How does the return of the goods to computeruniverse work?
The returning of goods can take several weeks due to the retention period and customs processing. For quick processing, it is therefore expedient to generate an RMA number at https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/rma. With this number, you provide us with all necessary information in advance. Please note this RMA number and your customer number well visible on the outside of the parcel to allow us to clearly identify the delivery. Please attach a detailed description of the error in German or English.
What should I do if the parcel is lost?
In this case, please contact email@example.com immediately. We shall process the procedure for you as soon as possible.
What should I do if items were stolen from my package?
We shall clarify the process for you as soon as possible and find a solution. For this purpose we require the following documents and/or information. Please send these via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The protocol officially confirming the damage/loss.
- Which invoice items are missing and what quantity is missing?
- Was the delivery accepted or refused?
What does guarantee mean?
Guarantee is a voluntary service offered by the manufacturer. It generally applies for all defects within the guarantee period. In the case of guarantee, the manufacturer is your contact person and in particular, the party with whom you have a contract. Guarantee claims are often further reaching than the warranty.
How long is the guarantee period for my product?
Each manufacturer decides the guarantee period individually. Please see our product site or the manufacturer´s website for the guarantee period.
What does warranty mean?
The warranty is legally prescribed and ends after 24 months. For business persons and used goods, this period is limited to 12 months. Warranty applies exclusively for defects which already existed from the start. It is generally accepted within the first 6 months for a private consumer (contrary to a business person).
In which cases are the shipping costs for the return of the goods refunded?
The costs of returning the goods are naturally assumed by computeruniverse in the event of revocation and the return of warranty cases. Please note that merely the standard transport costs are assumed; this does not include express or similar costs.