Make the most of your photographic talent with Nikon´s next generation of high-quality image-editing and processing software. Utilizing Nikon´s exclusive U PointTM Technology, Nikon Capture NX2 includes a host of powerful tools and four fully-customizable workspaces that you can save and switch between to create a fast and efficient workflow. Straightforward and intuitive, Capture NX2 frees you to concentrate on working with tone and color, allowing you to develop your images according to the classic principle of emphasizing and enhancing specific points of interest. Capture NX2 can be used with JPEG- and TIFF-format images from any source, and is the optimal software product for editing Nikon NEF files.
- Color Control Point: Take control of hue, brightness and saturation by placing a Color Control Point on your image, then adjusting the length of the sliders.
- Selection Control Point: Apply enhancements such as Unsharp Mask or D-Lighting to a specific area with a click of the mouse. There is no need for precise selection or masking - the areas you want to modify are automatically recognized.
- Auto Retouch Brush: To achieve more natural-looking results, the Auto Retouch Brush lets you remove dust spots and blemishes in an image using a simple mouse click and movement.
- U PointTM Technology provides invisible, intelligent assistance to power a comprehensive range of tools for image-enhancement. U-PointTM offers easy selection of points-of-interest in your image with intuitive, easy adjustment of contrast, brightness and saturation, effective correction of unwanted red-eye, and precise adjustment of color balance. Simply click on the area you want to edit and adjust the sliders to see the effect of your corrections, instantly.
- The Auto Retouch Brush allows accurate and convenient removal of unwanted detail. Simply select the area that needs enhancing and click on the dust spot or detail to be removed.
- The Quick Fix palette combines frequently used tools in a single window to make it simple to quickly edit large batches of images. Tools include Level and Tone Curve, Exposure Compensation, Contrast, Highlight Protection, Shadow Protection and Saturation.
- Dual screen capability and fully customizable workspaces: Capture NX2´s dual screen capability allows you to extend your workspace, and four fully customizable workspaces – Browser, Metadata, Multi Purpose and Edit – allow you to personalize your selection of tools, create your own shortcuts and switch instantly between each workspace without loosing any data
- Selection Control Point makes it easy to increase the apparent sharpness of details (Unsharp mask) or blur selected aspects of the image (Gaussian Blur), and can be used with virtually any image enhancement tool, including D-Lighting, Brightness, Color, Focus, Correction and Noise Reduction. Enhancements can be applied to the entire image or specific areas with a simple click of the mouse, without the need for precision selection or masks.
- Extensive Photo Management: a variety of ratings and labels that use XMP and IPTC standards make it easy to tag and sort images, and provide a seamless transition with ViewNX, Windows Vista or Adobe Bridge.